I've moved! New blog address.


My new website + blog is emilyneuburger.com.  Please visit me there!

If you have this site bookmarked in a blog reader, you'll want to switch to emilyneuburger.com.

Thanks, and see you in my new space!

xo emily

heart magnets



Material list:
wooden circles 1" or 1 1/2" wide
heart stamp
acrylic paint
magnets
hot glue gun


What to do:

Simple. Lightly coat the heart stamp with acrylic paint and stamp the wooden circles. Once dry, glue the magnets on the back with the hot glue gun.

I carved my own heart stamp, but it would be just as nice with a store bought stamp.

If you've never carved stamps before, and feel inspired to try, this would be a great first carving project. You'll need a linoleum cutter and some sort of carving material. Heck, the heart shape is so simple and small, you could even use some sort of rubber eraser that is laying around the house. Using a pencil, draw the heart shape on a piece of paper. When you are happy with your shape, turn it face down onto the carving material and scrape/rub it with your fingernail. This will transfer your image onto the carving material. Use your linoleum cutter to carve away the negative space, and your wee heart will be complete.

I have sets of four magnets in a little stamped muslin bag listed in my shop for Valentine's Day.